About Muscular Dystrophy UK
By choosing to run and fundraise for us, you will make a huge difference to the community we serve: the 70,000 children and adults around the UK who are affected by muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular conditions.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the leading charity fighting muscle-wasting conditions. We are dedicated to beating muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular conditions by finding treatments and cures and to improving the lives of everyone affected by them.
Our work has five main focuses:
• we fund world-class research to find effective treatments and cures
• we provide practical information, advice and emotional support for individuals with muscle-wasting conditions, their carers and families
• we campaign to bring about change and raise awareness of muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular conditions
• we award grants towards the cost of specialist equipment, such as powered wheelchairs
• we provide specialist education and development for health professionals.
We rely almost entirely on voluntary donations and legacies to fund our work.
Our fight against muscle-wasting conditions depends on the support of people like you…
For more information on our work, please visit our website: www.musculardystrophyuk.org
Online entries are now CLOSED for the Leicester Town and Gown 10k this Sunday 5 March! Don’t worry......
We are delighted to announce leading Leicestershire news publisher Leicester Mercury are supporting our new Leicester Town and......